Biological farming works hand-in-hand with nature. It balances your soil to produce healthy, pest- and disease-resistant crops while reducing the use of chemicals. When fed to livestock, these crops lead to healthy and productive animals. See how it works?
An Introduction to Biological Farming
Think of it as a system, not a product. And it’s a system that’s practical, sustainable and profitable.
The Six Principles of Biological Farming:
- Test and balance your soils and feed the crop a balanced, supplemented diet.
- Use fertilizers that do the least damage to soil life and plant roots.
- Apply pesticides and herbicides responsibly while relying on customized management practices to reach maximum genetic potential.
- Create maximum plant diversity by using green manure crops and tight rotations.
- Manage the decay of organic materials and the balance of soil, air and water.
- Feed the soil using carbon from compost, green manures, livestock manures and crop residues.
Hear from our Founder
Education is at the core of Midwestern BioAg’s business. Our very own Gary Zimmer has written groundbreaking books about the methods of biological farming.
Advancing Biological Farming. This book offers invaluable scientific support for committed organic farmers as well as conventional farmers who would like to reduce chemical inputs and use natural processes to their advantage. Advancing Biological Farming updates and expands upon Gary Zimmer’s classic, The Biological Farmer.
The Biological Farmer. Biological farmers work with nature, feeding soil life, balancing soil minerals and tilling soils with a purpose. The methods they apply involve a unique system of beliefs, observations and guidelines that result in increased production and profit. This practical how-to guide elucidates their methods and will help you make farming fun and profitable.
In addition to Gary Zimmer’s books, we offer a number of booklets covering topics ranging from earthworms to cover crops, as well as DVDs of Gary Zimmer’s winter meetings.
Click here for a form to order MBA’s educational materials and Gary’s books.
Grow Your Enthusiasm for Farming
Whether you’re a crop farmer or livestock producer, you have a passion for farming. We’re here to fuel that passion with an approach inspired by nature. And perfected by science.
Click on the link below to download the Midwestern BioAg brochure and read about our program.