Custom Application Specialist (Blue Mounds, WI)
The Custom Application Specialist is responsible for operating specialized large scale farming application equipment. This position will be required to report to the facility dispatch office for instructions, and use assigned equipment to apply company product to customer sites.
Position: Custom Application Specialist
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Revised: February 2015
General Description: The Custom Application Specialist is responsible for operating specialized large scale farming application equipment. This position will be required to report to the facility dispatch office for instructions, and use assigned equipment to apply company product to customer sites.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Custom Application: Will operate application vehicle within company protocol to ensure proper customer orders are accurately met. This includes working with Precision Ag systems and data.
- Maintenance: Will be required to performance minor routine maintenance on application vehicles to ensure efficiency and continued operations. Will coordinate major repairs or maintenance with operations facility.
- Loading: This position will load product into application machinery at customer sites. Will need to be able to use skid loader or other heavy machinery.
- Support: Act as the facility subject matter expert for all application concerns and questions from employees and customers.
- Data Collection: Collect customer spatial data for SMS mapping program. Manage custom application data in the company SMS program. Provide maps to consultants and customer as needed, will be responsible to ensure all maps and data are kept up to date and accurate.
Additional Job Duties
- Ensure proper product is used at each customer site
- Report all vehicle maintenance issues or problems to Operations Manager
- Cleaning and upkeep of application vehicles
- Report SMS issue to SMS systems expert and make process improvement recommendations
- Special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license
- Previous experience operating heavy farming equipment
- Knowledge of agronomy related products or application procedures
- Ability to operate with limited supervision
- Experience working with an SMS program
- Working knowledge of local geographical areas
- Previous experience operating agronomy application equipment
- Previous experience operating forklift
- Previous experience operating skid loader
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly
- Ability to climb in/out of trucks and application vehicles
- Ability to periodically travel overnight
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.