The Custom Application Specialist operates specialized large scale farming application equipment. This position will be required to report to the facility dispatch office for instructions, and use assigned equipment to apply company product to customer sites.
Reports to: Operations Manager or Assistant Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Operate application vehicle within company protocol to ensure accurately meeting customer orders by working with Precision Ag systems and data.
• Perform minor routine maintenance on application vehicles to ensure efficiency and continued operation, coordinate major repairs or maintenance with operations facility.
• Load product into application machinery at customer sites.
• Act as the facility subject matter expert for all application concerns and questions from employees and customers.
• Collect customer spatial data for soil management system mapping program and manage custom application data in the company program.
• Provide maps to consultants and customer as needed, responsible for ensuring all maps and data are kept up to date and accurate.
• Utilize proper product is used at each customer site.
• Report all vehicle maintenance issues or problems to Operations Manager
• Maintain cleaning and upkeep of application vehicles
• Report soil management systems issue to soil management systems expert and make process improvement recommendations
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver’s license
• Previous experience operating heavy farming equipment
• Ability to operate a skid loader and heavy machinery
• Knowledge of agronomy related products or application procedures
• Ability to operate with limited supervision
• Experience working with an soil management systems program
• Working knowledge of local geographical areas
• Previous experience operating agronomy application equipment
• Previous experience operating forklift
• Previous experience operating skid loader
• Previous customer service experience
• CDL or the ability to obtain a Class A CDL
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures
• Ability to work in dusty conditions
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly
• Ability to climb in/out of trucks and application vehicles
• Ability to periodically travel overnight
• Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
• Collaboration: seeks and enlists active participation of others to reach goals
• Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
• Proactive Approach & Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked by developing a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
• Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
• Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change; able to fit the circumstances.
• Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
• Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
• Time Management: allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
• Planning: develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.