The Data Analytics Coordinator will provide detailed data analysis and process improvement recommendations as it relates to pricing, custom blend sheets, and facility deliveries. This position will also provide analysis on soil data for MBA Service Facilities. This position will offer applicable solutions based on data analysis and implement new processes and/or procedures based on findings.
Position: Data Analytics Coordinator
Reports to: VP of Strategic Sales and VP of Procurement
FLSA status: Exempt
Revised: April 2021
General Description: The Data Analytics Coordinator will provide detailed data analysis and process improvement recommendations as it relates to pricing, custom blend sheets, and facility deliveries. This position will also provide analysis on soil data for MBA Service Facilities. This position will offer applicable solutions based on data analysis and implement new processes and/or procedures based on findings.
MBA Precision Ag and Data Management Responsibilities:
- Collect, record, and analyze soil data. Present and report data findings to key stakeholders.
- Record and manage spatial data within Geographic Information Systems (GIS) programs.
- Work with staff consultants, customers, and service facility locations to produce maps and send/receive spatial data.
- Analyze customer spatial data for soil management system mapping program and manage custom application data in the company program.
- Provide maps to consultants and customers as requested, ensuring all maps and data points are kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Provide information to customers/stakeholders regarding soil sampling. This includes sending labs, processing lab results, sending results to consultants and growers, and answering questions regarding test results.
- Assist with securing acres for soil sampling and data collection efforts through team sales activities, literature, and customer meetings.
- Seek out efficiencies, make recommendations on process improvements, and implement new solutions for precision ag and data management solutions.
MBA Corporate Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and update pricelists for MBA service facility locations
- Manage and maintain MBA custom blend sheets; provide updates as required.
- Manage master spreadsheet to effectively track all company trucks at service facility locations to comply with IRP requirements (International Registration Plan).
- Support harvest data collection on field trials with agronomy team. Analyze results and compile detailed reports for Agronomists, Sales Consultants and Leadership.
- Map customer locations by sales consultant to optimize and maximize trip efficiency.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Precision Agriculture, GIS, Agronomy, Natural Resources, Soil Science or related field required and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis of collected data and generate reports based on collected data. Provide recommendations and implement process improvements.
- Minimum one year working with a GIS program, such as MapShots, SMS, or other. Formal GIS training preferred or ability to complete training. Ability to perform routine maintenance and updates within a GIS program.
- Keep up-to-date on GIS program features, functions, and system abilities by taking part in precision agriculture conferences and communities.
- High level of organization, excellent internal and external customer service skills and high level attention to detail.
- Must be able to work extended hours during spring and fall.
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: seeks and enlists active participation of others to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked by developing a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Time Management: allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
- Planning: develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.