Director of Marketing – Madison, WI
Strategic Marketing Opportunity Awaits!
The Director of Marketing leads the strategic execution and provides insight on promoting internal and external brand awareness for the Company. The Director of Marketing will serve as a thought leader in aligning marketing strategy with MBA business goals and objectives. This position will provide creative direction to ensure branding aligns strategic vision with campaign strategy and promotional plans.
- Develop and implement the market strategy based on trends, competitive analysis, customer profiles, and targeting tactics to accelerate growth and application for current and future MBA product lines.
- Develop communication strategies and use data to verify performance and success.
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and market summaries to continuously analyze, develop and change marketing plan to achieve desired results.
- Provide direct leadership on product growth strategies and short-term plans.
- Analyze market data to support pricing strategies to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Mentor, develop, and manage direct reports to enhance the company’s overall brand.
- Identify and develop efficiencies in current processes and manage their execution.
- Utilize tracked KPIs to adjust strategy based on competitive and market realities.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create and develop educational content to deliver in-depth product training to internal and external customers.
- Ensure execution of effective product positioning for capitalization on grower demographic, territory and farming environments through ride-alongs and on-farm visits with the sales team.
- Create partnerships with MBA’s General Managers to implement tactical marketing plans for their respective territories.
- Provide strategic oversight of advertising, promotional activities, and agency relationships to ensure consistent branding across all company products and services.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product as needed.
- Develop and manage marketing budget. Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, agronomy, or related field; and
- At least seven years in an ag marketing and/or agronomy-related position, with product management experience or exposure; and
- At least seven years developing product marketing campaigns/programs, developing external marketing events.
- Previous experience leading a successful marketing team preferred.
- Strong leadership aptitude and the ability to communicate both technical/product and sales/marketing concepts to sales teams, managers, clients and external associates.
- Well versed in systems and technology to utilize data-driven decision-making for marketing and product improvement, disciplined planning and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies and understands customer expectations and perspectives, offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: forms internal and external partnerships to reach goals.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Anticipates needs and plans for success by developing a path to a desired outcome including next steps, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and acts accordingly.
- Adaptability: Flexible style; respects the need for to change and continual improvement; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Contribute to company success by generating and embracing new ideas, and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness. Respects an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.