Great Opportunity to Lead our Blue Mounds, WI Location
Midwestern BioAg (MBA) is an innovative, sustainable-agriculture, soil-fertility company that is an industry leader in biological agriculture, with core facilities in 8 states. We take pride in helping our customers increase farm productivity and profitability while reducing the environmental impacts of their operations. Founded in 1983 we use a transformative, systems-approach to soil health. Consumers, particularly millennials, are demanding sustainable food supplies, more nutrition, better environmental outcomes and the transparency to know that these are in the food that they buy. MBA is rapidly becoming the standard by which large food companies execute on this demand. The company has an aggressive plan for growth, building on the 4,500 existing customers and 1 million acres they farm. In 2017 the company opened a new division that manufactures TerraNu; a breakthrough product that will expand the company’s reach and allow for more scalable growth.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative and highly-motivated individual who can share our passion and contribute to our overall success.
The General Manager will focus on developing and executing strategic business and sales plans to grow our footprint at our Blue Mounds, WI location. The will position MBA product and services to penetrate the local market. The GM plans, implements, and manages areas of responsibility to facilitate continuous growth. The GM provides sound leadership for the service facility group in conjunction with Sales Leadership and President.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance, and product initiatives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Confers with the VP of Sales, President, and other executive-level personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Oversees manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
- Qualifies leads to sales consultants, ensures sales consultants follow up on leads in a timely manner with a strategic business plan.
- Establishes and promotes excellent working relationships with current and prospective customers (including walk-in customers), outside service providers, and other groups as necessary.
- Connects client requirements with internal services (ie marketing department, cross-divisional team members, accounting staff, etc.) to provide excellent and accountable service to customers.
- Attends approved trade shows, conferences, and other business development gatherings according to established plan and protocol.
- Coordinates and is responsible for Independent Dealers within service facility group.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a agronomy or business administration discipline with six to ten years of proven operations management and business development experience in a related field; and
- Four years of management experience including operations, sales, and marketing experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive a vehicle
- CCA certification is preferred
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, and sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: seeks and enlists active participation of others to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked by developing a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Time Management: allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
- Planning: develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.