General Manager – Kinde, MI
Lead Our Kinde Team!
We are looking for a General Manager to lead our Kinde, MI facility. The General Manager directs and manages the service facility group’s sales and operations at their respective location to further penetrate the local market with MBA’s products and services. He/She works to grow the customer base in a fiscally responsible manner. The GM aligns with and carries out strategy and operational expectations by performing the duties outlined below either personally or through subordinate managers. The GM is responsible for total performance of the service facility group in accordance with company policies and procedures, including: personnel management, financial metrics, and operational and administrative activities. The GM plans, implements, and manages areas of responsibility to facilitate continuous improvement and personal growth while supporting company goals, missions, and vision. The GM provides sound leadership for the service facility group in conjunction with MBA’s leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance, and product initiatives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Confers with executive-level personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Oversees manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
- Qualifies leads to sales consultants, ensures sales consultants follow up on leads in a timely manner with a strategic business plan.
- Establishes and promotes excellent working relationships with current and prospective customers (including walk-in customers), outside service providers, and other groups as necessary.
- Connects client requirements with internal services (ie marketing department, cross-divisional team members, accounting staff, etc.) to provide excellent and accountable service to customers.
- Attends approved trade shows, conferences, and other business development gatherings according to established plan and protocol.
- Coordinates and is responsible for Independent Dealers within service facility group
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a agronomy or business administration discipline with six to ten years of proven operations management and business development experience in a related field; and
- Four years of management experience including operations, sales, and marketing experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive a vehicle
- CCA certification is preferred
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies and understands customer expectations and perspectives, offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: forms internal and external partnerships to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Anticipates needs and plans for success by developing a path to a desired outcome including next steps, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; respects the need for to change and continual improvement; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Contribute to company success by generating and embracing new ideas, and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness. Respects an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
Midwestern BioAg offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide you and your family with top-quality care. Our benefits include: paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
MBA is and equal-opportunity employer.