Join our team!
Midwestern BioAg is an industry leader in agriculture, focusing on innovative, sustainable-agriculture, soil-fertility programs and products for their customers. For more than 30 years, and with core facilities in 8 states, MBA takes pride in offering solutions to help growers increase farm productivity and profitability while reducing the environmental impacts of their operations. MBA’s team of professionals serve customers in three aspects of agriculture: retail sales of fertilizer/soil amendments and nutrition products; wholesale sales and manufacturing of its new, revolutionary TerraNu® product; and organic-transition consulting and management services.
MBA has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Professional to join the team!
The Human Resources Manager will provide both strategic- and tactical-level Human Resources support across all segments of the company. This position will originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture which emphasizes empowerment, quality, efficiency, goal attainment…and the recruitment and development of a superior workforce.
- Collaborate with management to determine projected hiring needs.
- Develop recruitment strategies to identify active and passive candidates from various sources. Qualify candidates to create a pool of key individuals within the agriculture industry.
- Manage hiring team, candidate interviews, and the selection process. Align standards to win key industry talent.
- Work with the hiring manager to prepare, extend, and negotiate employment offers with selected candidates.
- In conjunction with the hiring manager, create on-boarding schedules for new hires. Coordinate start dates and internal training. Executes new-hire paperwork processing.
- Foster a culture where all employees strive towards continuous performance improvement and offer and receive continuous constructive feedback. Support and provide advice to managers to ensure execution.
- Deliver guidance to all members of the local and remote management teams, providing direction and support on HR-related issues.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Collaborate with finance department on the maintenance of the payroll system ensuring compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Manage all company benefit programs including, but not limited to: health insurance; disability and life insurance; 401(k); and H.S.A. and flexible spending accounts.
- Track current trends regarding benefits and compensation strategies. Provide insight and input to the leadership team and make recommendations based on market research and benefit analysis.
- Work closely with brokers to identify appropriate plan designs which offer value-added benefits to employees and which also form a key component of the company’s overall compensation package to attract and retain staff.
- Administer, monitor, and track leaves of absence relating to worker’s compensation, disability, and FMLA.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Work with General Managers to provide guidance and oversight on company safety program. Participate in the company’s safety committee. Serve as point person for workplace injuries and issues relating to worker’s compensation.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, safety, and other compliance matters as required.
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; and
- A minimum of 5 years of related professional HR experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
Additional experience/skills required:
- Exceptional professionalism and ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain focus and keep a strong eye on the details in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to analyze data, provide feedback, and make recommendations based on knowledge and experience of employment law and market research.
- Experience working in agriculture preferred.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies and understands customer expectations and perspectives, offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: forms internal and external partnerships to reach goals.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Anticipates needs and plans for success by developing a path to a desired outcome including next steps, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and acts accordingly.
- Adaptability: Flexible style; respects the need for to change and continual improvement; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Contribute to company success by generating and embracing new ideas, and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness. Respects an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.