Apply now for this part-time opportunity with benefits!
Midwestern BioAg (MBA) is an innovative, sustainable-agriculture, soil-fertility company that is an industry leader in biological agriculture, with core facilities in 8 states. We take pride in helping our customers increase farm productivity and profitability while reducing the environmental impacts of their operations. Founded in 1983, we use a transformative, systems-approach to soil health. In 2017 the company opened a new division that manufactures TerraNu; a breakthrough product that will expand the company’s reach and allow for more scalable growth.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative and highly-motivated Office Assistant who can share our passion and contribute to our overall success.
General Description: The Office Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and general accounting functions at MBA’s Utica, MN, service facility location. The Office Assistant will assist the General and Operations Managers in office-related work and ensure that general accounting procedures and administrative processes run efficiently.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Answer phones for inbound calls, or direct customers to appropriate employees for assistance.
- Enter accounting data into the company accounting program and review for accuracy.
- Prepare Sales confirmations, secure customer payments, and invoice customers. May be required to handle money and process payments via company guidelines including making daily bank deposits
- Collect bills received, check to see if the appropriate information is on the bills and sending the bills to MBA Corporate accounts payable weekly. May be required to do more frequently based on business demands.
- Act as backup for sales support or other support related functions. May be required to assist in daily support duties such as information look up/ verification, and ordering
- Assist with Dispatch duties
- Maintain systems in accordance with MBA standard operating procedures.
- Relaying information as needed to
- Sales manager & consultants.
- Blue Mounds Office.
- Order/maintain office supplies
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or one year equivalent work experience. Associates degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to multi-task with the ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to provide world class customer service.
- Detail orientated.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive a vehicle.
This part-time position is eligible for benefits at an average work schedule of 20 hours per week. MBA’s competitive benefits package offers paid time off; paid holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurance; and employer-sponsored 401(k).
MBA is an equal-opportunity employer.