Operations Generalist (Blue Mounds, WI)
The Operations Generalist provides operations support to various areas throughout the facility, including but not limited to: blending mineral and fertilizer, driving and delivery of product, bagging product, and moving product or finished goods to appropriate location in the warehouse for stocking.
Position: Operations Generalist
Reports to: Operations Manager or Assistant Operations Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Revised: March 2018
General Description: The Operations Generalist provides operations support to various areas throughout the facility, including but not limited to: blending mineral and fertilizer, driving and delivery of product, bagging product, and moving product or finished goods to appropriate location in the warehouse for stocking.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely delivery of MBA and products to customers and MBA facilities.
- Perform minor routine maintenance on vehicles and machinery to ensure efficiency and continued operation, coordinate repairs or maintenance with operations manager.
- Assist in blending of mineral and fertilizer according to company standards.
- Pack and bag product as required by business demands and forecasts.
- Load and unload delivery trucks and vehicles according to customer specifications.
- Report all vehicle maintenance issues and problems to Operations Manager.
- Maintain cleaning and upkeep of vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience operating heavy farming equipment
- Ability to operate a skid loader and heavy machinery
- Knowledge of agronomy related products or application procedures
- Ability to operate with limited supervision
- Previous experience operating forklift, skid loader, and agronomy application equipment preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service experience.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly
- Ability to climb in/out of trucks and application vehicles
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: seeks and enlists active participation of others to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked by developing a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Time Management: allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
- Planning: develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.