We want you on our team!
NOTE: Additional incentive if possess a CDL or experience with custom application of dry fertilizer.
The Production Specialist is responsible for product blending and packaging in accordance to forecasted needs. The position will be involved in every aspect of the production process from unloading raw goods to post production cleaning.
Reports to: Operations Manager
General Description: The Production Specialist is responsible for product blending and packaging in accordance to forecasted needs. The position will be involved in every aspect of the production process from unloading raw goods to post production cleaning.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate production machinery within company standards to produce final product to go out to customer locations. This includes working with packaging/ bagging machines and blenders.
- Perform routine maintenance on production machinery to ensure efficiency and continued operations, required to clean machinery after usage to ensure products and operations are kept up to company standards.
- Load and unload delivery trucks and distribution vehicles according to customer specifications.
- Utilize product application through specialized machinery
- Deliver local product or equipment as needed
- Assist personnel with maintenance duties
- Assist in other areas of production according to seasonal requirements
- General facility maintenance, upkeep and cleaning
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years previous experience operating industrial grade machinery.
- Knowledge of agronomy related products and services
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience operating a forklift, skid loader, and industrial machinery preferred.
- Ability to provide a world-class customer service experience for both internal and external customers.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, and sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: seeks and enlists active participation of others to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked by developing a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Time Management: allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
- Planning: develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work outside of general business hours, especially during busy seasons.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.