We want you on our team! Apply today.
The Sales Consultant is responsible for driving and increasing sales growth year over year by positioning and promoting Midwestern BioAg’s value-added products and services within an assigned territory. The Sales Consultant is a proactive partner to growers and producers, demonstrating expertise in agronomy and soil health and thereby helping to maximize the farmer’s return on investments. By taking pride in MBA products and services – and ownership of the sales process from lead to close – the Sales Consultant develops effective customer relationships, executes on Company initiatives, and strives to position the Company as the industry market leader in his/her assigned territory.
Expectations and Essential Duties
- Grow sales by positioning and promoting Midwestern BioAg products and services to customers. Make regular sales calls, in person and by phone, to current and prospective customers.
- Educate customers on the value of Midwestern BioAg products and their impact on soil health.
- Make recommendations to customers by presenting solutions, products, services, and/or practices to maximize customer returns.
- Successfully prospect, close, and build long-term partnerships for customer retention and sales growth. Demonstrate the ability to cross-sell and up-sell all available product lines.
- Create a strong account pipeline by prioritizing potential spending and total opportunity for Midwestern BioAg. Develop and covert pipeline prospects into customers, then analyze the opportunity for continued growth and success.
- Assess customer’s product requirements and execute sales of products or services to achieve or exceed target sales and profit levels.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to customers by utilizing real-life data to position MBA products and services to customers and prospects.
- Advise customers on the proper use of products and equipment.
- Act as a conduit between customers and MBA facility personnel to optimize the customer experience.
- Actively use online systems to manage sales orders and customer information (i.e., in a CRM).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and/or equivalent work experience in agriculture, agronomy, animal science, horticulture or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in sales or customer support in agronomy, agriculture, animal science, horticulture or related field
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or the ability to obtain Certified Crop Advisor within 1 year of hire
- Demonstrated success of building customer relationships, converting and growing a book of business
- Flexible and adaptable with a passion to provide world-class customer service throughout the year, including outside a set work schedule.
- Seek continual self-improvement and dedication to developing new sales skills.
- Demonstrate a desire to see farmers succeed by taking pride in MBA products and services
- Stay apprised of current market trends, key industry influencers, business initiatives, and competitor products and services.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to work independently and strategically, with minimum supervision, and to self-manage work time and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively manage and develop interpersonal relationships
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies and understands customer expectations and perspectives, and offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: forms internal and external partnerships to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Anticipates needs and plans for success by developing a path to the desired outcome including next steps, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; respects the need for change and continual improvement; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Contribute to company success by generating and embracing new ideas, and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness. Respects an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Closing – Action oriented; drives to outcomes
- Presentation Skills – can effectively communicate individual or groups settings
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager or General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt- Salary
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.