Sales Consultants – Northern Illinois
Now Hiring Sales Consultants in Northern Illinois!
This Sales Consultant is responsible for driving and increasing sales growth year over year by positioning and promoting Midwestern BioAg’s value-added products and services within an assigned territory. The Sales Consultant is a proactive partner to growers and producers, demonstrating expertise in agronomy and soil health and thereby helping to maximize the farmer’s return on investments. By taking pride in MBA products and services – and ownership of the sales process from lead to close – the Sales Consultant develops effective customer relationships, executes on Company initiatives, and strives to position the Company as the industry market leader in his/her assigned territory.
Expectations and Essential Duties
- Grow sales by positioning and promoting Midwestern BioAg products and services to customers. Make regular sales calls, in person and by phone, to current and prospective customers.
- Educate customers on the value of Midwestern BioAg products and their impact on soil health.
- Make recommendations to customers by presenting solutions, products, services, and/or practices to maximize customer returns.
- Successfully prospect, close, and build long-term partnerships for customer retention and sales growth. Demonstrate the ability to cross-sell and up-sell all available product lines.
- Create a strong account pipeline by prioritizing potential spend and total opportunity to Midwestern BioAg. Develop and convert pipeline prospects into customers, then analyze the opportunity for continued growth and success.
- Assess customer’s product requirements and execute sales of products or services to achieve or exceed target sales and profit levels.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to customers by utilizing real-life data to position MBA products and services to customers and prospects.
- Advise customers on proper use of products and equipment.
- Act as a conduit between customers and MBA facility personnel to optimize the customer experience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and/or equivalent work experience in agriculture, agronomy, animal science, horticulture or related field
- 3 or more years of experience in sales or customer support in agronomy, agriculture, animal science, horticulture or related field
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or the ability to obtain Certified Crop Advisor within 1 year of h
- Demonstrated success of building customer relationships, converting and growing a book of business
- Flexible and adaptable with a passion to provide world-class customer service throughout the year, including outside a set work schedule.
- Seek continual self-improvement and dedication to developing new sales skills.
- Demonstrate a desire to see farmers succeed by taking pride in MBA products and services
- Stay apprised of current market trends, key industry influencers, business initiatives, and competitor products and services.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies and understands customer expectations and perspectives, offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: forms internal and external partnerships to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Anticipates needs and plans for success by developing a path to a desired outcome including next steps, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; respects the need for to change and continual improvement; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Contribute to company success by generating and embracing new ideas, and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness. Respects an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Closing – Action oriented; drives to outcomes
- Presentation Skills – can effectively communicate individual or groups settings