Join our team today!
This position maintains ownership of growing the TerraNu product line. The Product Manager will set product pricing and customer incentive programs, forecast product demand, and inform production schedules, and lead the go-to-market approach. A successful Product Manager is responsible for coordinating at the account level and providing support to sales reps, including making field visits as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a strong account pipeline and convert those relationships to sales
- Forecast demand by customers and drivers of hitting higher or lower forecast scenarios
- Educate and influence customers through training and promoting TerraNu at the customer- and farmer-facing events
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer pain points and needs
- Maintain deep knowledge of product benefits and coordinate with the agronomy team on trial protocols and data collection
- Assist wholesale customers and Midwestern BioAg with their training their sales teams and supporting them at farm visits
- Participate in setting strategic direction for TerraNu, including regional approaches, expansion opportunities, and positioning in the competitive landscape
- Monitor industry trends and business strategies, and effectively communicate these trends to management
- Provide management with regular updates on sales pipeline opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in one of the following: Agri-Business, Business, Marketing, Ag Econ or Agronomy; and
- 5+ years of hands-on, successful sales experience, retail and/or wholesale; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid drivers’ license
- Willing to work 50+ hours per week and outside of standard work week
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time
- Strong managerial aptitude and the ability to easily explain concepts and articulate information to customers, management, and farmers
- Entrepreneurial approach to business development and ownership of product success
- High level of organization and attention to detail for customer service and operational execution
- Understanding of the biological farming approach and how to position TerraNu’s benefits for conventional farmers
- Desire to continuously learn and advance the understanding and opportunities around TerraNu
- Management of channel partner territories and pricing
- In-depth knowledge of the agribusiness products portfolio, manufacturing, product costs, logistic, territories, customers, geographies, competitor products and capabilities
- Understanding of farming operations and of ag retail and cooperative systems
- Experience utilizing a CRM program, including establishing usage metrics and data collection methods
- Ability to independently create and analyze sales data and trend reports
- High-level verbal and written communication skills, especially relating to scientific speaking and/or writing related to biological sciences
- Ability to create and maintain strong rapport with customers, co-workers, and farmer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequent travel is required within the service area, 50-75% of the time, occasionally overnight for meetings and seminars
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. Sitting for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate and is typical of an office setting
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent use of computer equipment including long hours of viewing computer screens, keyboarding, and mousing.
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions, especially during busy field seasons.
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.
Reports to: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised: July 2022