Wholesale Sales Consultant – IL, IN, OH
Seeking Motivated Wholesale Consultant for Sales in IL, IN, OH
The Wholesale Sales Consultant is responsible for driving and increasing sales growth year over year by positioning and promoting Midwestern BioAg’s TerraNu product line and other proprietary products. Wholesale Sales Consultants are proactive partners with retailers, distributors and wholesalers to maximize return on investments. A successful Wholesale Sales Consultant is responsible for all sales activities, alignment with corporate goals, accurate budget/forecasts, and timely execution. This position develops effective customer relationships, executes on Company initiatives, and strives to position the Company as the industry market leader in his/her assigned territory.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Grow sales by positioning and promoting the TerraNu product line and other MBA proprietary products and services to retailers, distributors, and wholesale accounts. Make regular sales calls, in person and by phone, to current and prospective customers.
- Educate customers on the value of Midwestern BioAg products and their impact on soil health.
- Assist wholesale customers with their product portfolio management, including the introduction to new products and their relationships with retail customers (farmers).
- Successfully prospect, close, and build long-term partnerships for customer retention and sales growth. Demonstrate the ability to cross-sell and up-sell all product lines.
- Create a strong account pipeline by prioritizing potential spend and total opportunity to Midwestern BioAg. Develop and covert pipeline prospects into customers, then analyze the opportunity for continued growth and success.
- Assess customer’s product requirements and execute sales of products or services to achieve or exceed target sales and profit levels.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to customers by utilizing real-life data to position MBA products and services to customers and prospects.
- Act as a conduit between customers and MBA facility personnel to optimize the customer experience.
- Actively use online systems to manage sales orders and customer information (i.e., in a CRM).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in one of the following: Agri-Business, Business, Marketing, Ag Econ or Agronomy; and/or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on, successful retail and/or wholesale sales experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts, philosophies and ideas to a diverse group of customers and employees.
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural marketplace and retail industry, purchasing and logistics.
- Excellent understanding of basic farming operations.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills, especially relating to scientific speaking and/or writing related to biological sciences.
- Ability to identify sales opportunities and leverage company, products and services to increase the Company’s market share.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week and outside of standard work week as business demands dictate.
- CCA certification is preferred.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies and understands customer expectations and perspectives, offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: forms internal and external partnerships to reach goals.
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Anticipates needs and plans for success by developing a path to a desired outcome including next steps, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and acts accordingly.
- Adaptability: Flexible style; respects the need for to change and continual improvement; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Contribute to company success by generating and embracing new ideas, and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness. Respects an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.