2018 TerraNu® Ignite Wheat Third Party Trials
Results from a 2018 study at the Great Lakes Agriculture Research Services (GLARS) and on-farm trials showed that using TerraNu® Ignite as a fall starter on wheat program resulted in:
- Better crop establishment.
- Increased stand counts.
- Improved overwintering.
- Higher tiller counts and increased yield potential when compared to standard fall planting blends.
GLARS Study Conclusions
A 2018 research study by GLARS conducted side-by-side trials of TerraNu Ignite vs. a standard NPK wheat blend on a winter wheat crop. PIP 715 soft white winter wheat was planted at a rate of 124 lbs/acre in Delavan, WI. All blend treatments were replicated four times and showed the following crop benefits listed below.
- 10% average increase of early season nitrogen uptake.
- Increased plant vigor.
- Improved plant overwintering.
- Trials showed a 49% average population increase two weeks post plant.
- See below for average nutrient uptake increase vs. grower standard.