Operations Manager in Blue Mounds, WI wanted!
General Description: The Operations Manager is responsible for overall plant operations and productivity for a site location. Reporting to the General Manger, the Operations Manager must be able to function with limited supervision, accomplish operational goals and meet sales needs by following operational guidelines. Must be able to interpret sales orders and seasonal business needs to ensure the inventory stocking levels and distribution requirements are met.
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily production and maintenance, including managing production and maintenance staff.
- Monitor production rates and efficiency, assist in production activities to meet deadlines as needed.
- Manage soil sampling, driver schedules, and dispatch effectively to meet customer needs.
- Anticipate and manage operations staffing levels throughout the year to ensure the company will meet expected production requirements.
- Develop, train, and cross-train operations staff to enhance effectiveness in all areas of the production facility.
- Monitor facility inventory levels to ensure product stock levels comply with set company guidelines; performs inventory audits as required.
- Responsible for following and complying with safety requirements established by the company and OSHA guidelines; ensure a safe and orderly working environment for all employees.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and facility operations managers to identify and implement process improvements.
- Record and report production/inventory statistics
- Identify equipment and machinery needs and issues
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agronomy or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years in agronomy production or related field; previous experience with commercial grade equipment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience directing and supervising staff
- Minimum 2 years of experience working a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: operating commercial grade trucks, vehicles or other agronomy related machinery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work in a fast paced stressful atmosphere
- This position has direct reports.
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, and sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
- Collaboration: seeks and enlists active participation of others to reach goals
- Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
- Proactive Approach & Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked by developing a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
- Priority Setting: Determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and takes action accordingly
- Adaptability: Flexible style; receptive to change; able to fit the circumstances.
- Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
- Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
- Time Management: allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
- Planning: develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of general business hours, especially during busy seasons.
- Occasional travel to site locations as needed based on business needs.
- Frequently required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, typical of an office and warehouse setting.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent use of computer equipment including long hours of viewing computer screens, keyboarding and mousing.
To succeed in this job, the individual must perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.